Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Bro!

Hi this is Sherry and I am showing you a birthday card I made for my brother.  Sure, his birthday was Wednesday and I haven't mailed it yet, but at least I made it, right?
For this card I pulled out my old buddy Riley.  I have about 4 Riley stamps that I bought while he was part of Hannah Stamps- so yes, they definitely qualify under the Oldie part.  In fact, this is the first time I used my Prismacolor pencils to color Riley.  Crazy, right?  Back when I bought him I was still using just my SU markers.  A lot has changed since then.

To simulate water I cut SU Pacific Point in a wavy pattern (free-handed) and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder.  I kept it pretty simple- the HB is from the SU set, "It's Your Birthday" (I think?)  And of course I stamped Happy Birthday on the inside.

I hope he likes it even if it is late.  But then again if I sent someone in my family a card on time they might have a heart attack from the shock- and my brother is getting OLD.  (says the baby of the family who is 10 years younger...lol)  :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!  One more day until the weekend- AND VSN!  I hope to break out my older supplies and play along- I hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Shut the front door! This is seriously cute. Perfect pairing of the embossing folder with the image. Thanks for the VSN reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! What an adorable, and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cute! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we would love to know what you think!