Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One Layer Scares Me

I loved Kim's project from yesterday - she used her stamps to make her background. I'm doing something similar, but of course, it is one of my most uncomfortable techniques - the ONE LAYER card!


The key to making a great one-layer card is choosing the perfect stamp set and layout. I used Theresa Momber's set Whimsical Wishes from Gina K Designs, released in June of 2011.


I placed my Spellbinder's die on the card blank, and embossed it using the tan rubber mat. I used the die as a mask and blended on Spun Sugar distress ink leaving just the middle with very little ink. This gives a glowing effect to your image.

Next, I stamped the flower in Picked Raspberry distress ink. I put my distress pens to the rubber for the leaves and stems using the thumping technique. I huffed on the image a few times to remoisten the ink, and stamped it. The sentiment (I just adore the size of this stamp - it's perfect for single layer projects!) was inked in Picked Raspberry distress ink and stamped. I added some Bling It from Basic Grey, and there you go!

Thanks again for stopping by - I hope we have inspired you to give a little lovin' to your older products, and share your projects with us. We'd love to see what you make!

Ta for now,
~ky

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why you are scared, this card is GORGEOUS!! Great job on your OLC and using pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO pretty, Ky, don't be scared anymore of OLC's :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we would love to know what you think!