Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eternal Summer

Kim let us have an 'anything goes' week. I think she must have known Hurricane Sandy would be bearing down on us, and we'd need relaxing time to work on easy projects. We are all hoping everyone out there is safe and secure.


Winter is rapidly approaching with some areas seeing snow already. I guess that's why this quote caught my eye and I just knew it needed to be with this wisteria 'tree'. The quote is "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart." By Celia Thaxter. This photo makes it look a little washed out, but really it's a subtle, vintage aging process that I did with Distress markers and inks.


I have hoarded this paper - it's old Basic Grey (seriously, do I have anything else?), Cappella. This paper just speaks old Chantilly, southern charm and hot French Quarter summers. Hopefully it will take your mind off your current worries, and let you enjoy a steamy cup of rich coffee. Have a great day!

Ta for now,
~ky

Recipe:
Cardstock - Gina K Designs Pure Luxury
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey, Cappella
Stamps - Happy Camper, Sending Sunshine by Theresa Momber/GKD
Inks - Memento, Distress pads and markers
Dies - Spellbinders, Tim Holtz, McGill
Misc - Brads - Bazzill, Rhinestones - Basic Grey, Flowers - Prima

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by - we would love to know what you think!