Monday, November 5, 2012

Baby It's Dark Out There

Hello everyone - it's Ky here today. I have issued the girls a challenge to make a card that represents the dark in 'honor' of the change back to standard time. The girls can choose to make a night scene, just use dark colors, or depict something that lives in the night. It's a pretty open challenge!


So many flights take a long time to get to the destination, and many times, flying coast to coast means you may start out in daytime and land at night.

I used an older set from Tim Holtz. His images really suit my style of crafting. I love all things distressed, but I stayed away from tearing any of this up. This is from the Air Travel set, Stuff to Say, and Steampunk. I stamped the airplane with Embossing Ink, using silver powder to make the surface. I stamped over the cooled embossing powder with Archival Ink to put the details into the plane. The rest is fairly straight forward - distress inks for the ticket, hand and sentiment.

I hope you are looking forward to playing along. Be sure to link us up so we can see what you made!

Ta for now,
~ky


2 comments:

  1. I really like how you paired everything together. I never come up with stuff like that. It's just a pile of "stuff" looking at me. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks like the airplane is taking off and flying right off the card. This is an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we would love to know what you think!